1. Dig out all of your black dresses.
2. Stare at them. Ask, what would Georgia do?
3. Grab the one that has a retro vibe, not too mainstream, but won't scare your mother.
4. Put it on. Tell yourself that it isn't edgy enough, but agree with yourself that being an artist AND a public school art teacher is your excuse.
5. Make up, not too much like The Cure, but a little nod to the 80s is okay. Skip the lipstick.
6. Hair, cannot look too coiffed, must look like you were distracted by other things. Absolutely do not look like someone Axl Rose would hit on.
7. Step into dressy but comfy shoes. Wish you were close personal friends with Sarah Jessica Parker.
8. Oops. Overdid it. Look like I am ready for parent/teacher conferences at a private school.