“I define connection as the energy that exists between people
when they feel seen, heard, and valued; when they can give
and receive without judgment; and when they derive
sustenance and strength from the relationship."
By the end of the year, 'my word' often feels prophetic, sometimes it
takes on a totally different meaning than originally intended. So far
this year, CONNECTION has multiple meanings: connections to other
artists, friends & family; connecting my art to reproducible design for
the RockFarm label; and getting closer to connecting to my purpose.
More about purpose later.
I have been asking myself lately, when do I feel most connected to
others, and myself?
- When I spend time in person with someone, not looking at my phone
- When I make plans, and then follow through with plans to get together with people
- When I don't allow stress to prevent me from time to relax and enjoy the company of others
- When I listen to what people are saying, and not get distracted
- When I ask for help, or share what is happening with me
- When I feel appreciated, and show appreciation for others
- When I follow through with things that I know are good for me
- When I remember and follow through with things for others
- WHEN I MAKE ART